The Apostles is a collection of the catecheses Pope Benedict XVI gave during his weekly General Audiences in 2006 and 2007. The talks were given in either St. Peter’s Square or, in less favorable weather, the Paul VI Hall next to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Below are excerpts from a study guide written by Amy Welborn and available for free download here.
Below are some of questions for the first session on "Chosen by Jesus"
Questions for Study
1. “Through the Apostles, we come to Jesus himself” (page 9). What does this mean?
2. What is the significance of the number twelve in terms of the Apostles?
3. What is the relationship between Jesus, the Eucharist, the Apostles, and the Church?
4. At what point does Jesus’ call to the future Apostles come in his ministry? What does this signify about their role?
5. What role does the Apostles’ relationship with Jesus play in their identity and mission as Apostles?
6. Why is Jesus’ “gathering together” the lost sheep of Israel a prophetic sign?