The Apostles is a collection of the catecheses Pope Benedict XVI gave during his weekly General Audiences in 2006 and 2007. The talks were given in either St. Peter’s Square or, in less favorable weather, the Paul VI Hall next to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Below are excerpts from a study guide written by Amy Welborn and available for free download here.
Below are some of questions for the first session on "Chosen by Jesus"
Questions for Study
7. Pope Benedict describes the essence of the Church as “communion.” • What is the source of communion in the Church? How does it come about? • What are the two dimensions of communion for members of the Church? • “‘Communion’ is truly the Good News . . .” (page 22). Why is this so?
8. Given the centrality and understanding of communion, what, then, is the Church?
9. What is the ministry of the Apostles all about, particularly in relationship to communion?
10. What is the relationship of the ministry of the Apostles to truth?
11. What is the relationship between truth and love?