The Apostles is a collection of the catecheses Pope Benedict XVI gave during his weekly General Audiences in 2006 and 2007. The talks were given in either St. Peter’s Square or, in less favorable weather, the Paul VI Hall next to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Online Catholic Bible Study
Below are excerpts from a study guide written by Amy Welborn and available for free download here.
Below are some of questions for the session on St. Paul
Questions for Reflection
1. Luke describes the early Christians as those who “have risked their lives for the sake of Our Lord Jesus Christ.” Does this definition still apply to modern disciples?
2. “How can one not thank the Lord for having given an Apostle of this stature?” (page 126). What about Paul are you grateful for? Who are the other Christians you have known or know about for whom you are particularly grateful?
3. Paul is the “greatest model of perseverance.” In what parts of your faith journey has the model of Paul’s perseverance as a disciple been helpful to you?
4. What does it mean to you to think of faith as Christ dwelling within you?
5. What concrete examples have you witnessed in which the identity of the Church as the Body of Christ has been very clear and powerful?