The Apostles is a collection of the catecheses Pope Benedict XVI gave during his weekly General Audiences in 2006 and 2007. The talks were given in either St. Peter’s Square or, in less favorable weather, the Paul VI Hall next to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Bible Study on the Apostle John
Below are excerpts from a study guide written by Amy Welborn and available for free download here.
Below are some of questions for the session on the apostle John.
Questions for Study
1. What does John teach us about being a disciple? What characterizes the relationship of a disciple to Jesus?
2. What are the three components of the Christian understanding of love?
3. What is radical and new about the Christian proclamation that “God is love”?
4. How has God expressed his love for human beings?
5. How does Jesus’ love for us reach us?
6. What is the uniqueness of Christian love?
7. What is the context and audience of the Apocalypse of John?
8. What is the meaning and power of the image of the Lamb in the Apocalypse?
9. What is the meaning of the scroll in the Apocalypse? What does it tell us about human events and the history of the world?
10. Why, in the Christian view, is suffering a “paradox”?